Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What other bands think of the Oils.

Paul Woodward Paul Woodward" <woody@hairydonut.plus.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:13:07 -0000

Apparently The Levellers became firm friends with the Oils when they played
a festival together in England.  The Levellers are pretty up on
environmental issues so they probably found they had quite a bit in common!

Hairydonut
www.tuckerbox.co.uk

----- Original Message -----
From: "[name removed]" <example@example.com>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 2:59 AM
Subject: [Powderworks] What other bands think of the Oils.

  I was wondering if anybody new any cool quotes or comments that other
  bands had made about the Oils music and why they liked them.

  I remember seeing an interview with Joe Camilleri from The Black
  Sorrows, he was asked about the affect of Australian music overseas.
  He said that the Oils had something really special that none of the
  other bands have got anywhere in the world. Realizing what he said
(not wanting to offend his mates!) added that Crowded House have a
  little something too.