Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Chapel live webcast

Jurriaan Kalkman thunder7@xs4all.nl
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:23:14 +0100 (CET)

>> Can anybody point me at some good software to capture this webcast?
>> Linux preferred, but for the Oils, I'm willing to fire up Windows 2000
>> if necessary.
>
> Jurriaan
>
> Look for ASFRecorder - that is what I'll be using. Don't know if it
> will work, but no harm in trying.
>
> I'll give it a shot on Win2k - if you try the Linux version then we
> should get something together.
>
> Can we agree to swap if one of us gets it and the other fails?

I took a look using IE, but those pages are full of javascript/flash
trouble, so I'm not even sure what URL the stream is at. It's launched
from a macromedia flash page, and I don't see how to extract the URL from
that.
No doubt this is to prevent exactly what we want to do :-(
Trying it under Linux will fail, since there is no flash plugin for my
architecture (Alpha).

Jurriaan