Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC-The Real Thing

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:13:11 +1100 (EST)

--0-2008138820-1013735591=:17582

I was listening to the Real Thing CD in the office today, and someone sent me the following:

COKE

> 1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
>  carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove
>  blood from the highway after a car accident.
>
>  2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and
>  it will be gone in two days.
>
>  3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into
>  the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one
>  hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
>  stains from vitreous china.
>
>  4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
>  Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
> Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
>
>  5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
>  Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away
> the corrosion.
>
>  6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
>  in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
>
>  7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola
>  into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil,
>  and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,
> remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with
> the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
>
> 8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of
>  coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and
>  run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
>  loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze
>  from your windshield.
>
>  For Your Info:
>
> 1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
>  It's pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
>  Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
>  and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
>  osteoporosis.
>
>  2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
> commercial truck must use the Hazardous material
>  place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
>
> 3. The distributors of coke have been using it to
>  clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
>
>  Now the question is, would you like a glass of water
>  or coke?

Yahoo! Greetings- Send your Valentines love online.
--0-2008138820-1013735591=:17582

<P>I was listening to the Real Thing CD in the office today, and someone sent me the following:</P>
<P>COKE<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; 1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol<BR>&gt;&nbsp; carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove<BR>&gt;&nbsp; blood from the highway after a car accident.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and<BR>&gt;&nbsp; it will be gone in two days.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into<BR>&gt;&nbsp; the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one<BR>&gt;&nbsp; hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes<BR>&gt;&nbsp; stains from vitreous china.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds<BR>&gt; Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away<BR>&gt; the corrosion.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked<BR>&gt;&nbsp; in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola<BR>&gt;&nbsp; into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil,<BR>&gt;&nbsp; and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,<BR>&gt; remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with<BR>&gt; the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; 8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of<BR>&gt;&nbsp; coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and<BR>&gt;&nbsp; run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help<BR>&gt;&nbsp; loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze<BR>&gt;&nbsp; from your windshield.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; For Your Info:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; 1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; It's pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones<BR>&gt;&nbsp; and is a major contributor to the rising increase in<BR>&gt;&nbsp; osteoporosis.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; 2. To carry Coca-Col