Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Another quiz question/Sun City

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:04:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Feb 13, Tom Davies wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, btpmsi wrote:
>
> > Name the song (s) that have the title of a subsequent Oils album in its
> > (their) lyrics???? (I've only found one so far.......)
>
> well, there are at least two pre-Breathe songs that have the word
> "breathe" in their lyrics -- Antarctica and Warakurna. Someone else
> mentioned SiB. Most Oils albums take their names from a lyric or title of
> a song on that album -- the only exceptions being Red Sails, 10-1, Head
> Injuries, Bird Noises and the blue album. Oh, and 20KWRSL.

Was "Red sails in the f**king sunset" not supposedly one of the original
lyrics to Wedding Cake Island before it was transformed into an
instrumental? Okay - that's a bit of a shaky one since it never actually
appears and can't be confirmed ;-)

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly