Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] Capricornia Writing Credits

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:07:04 +0100

> }Jim is really the dominant song writer on this album in fact
>  }looking at the credits I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all
>  }of the music came from Jim this time!

Jim has always dominated the songwriting in the band, but especially on the last two albums which featured surprisingly few Hirst credits. Maybe that's because he has used his songs for the Ghostwriters instead?
On 'Redneck' Moginie had a credit on every song, and it seems so for the new album as well.

BREATHE
1. Underwater  (Garrett/Moginie/Hirst/Rotsey/Hillman)
2. Surf's Up Tonight (Garrett/Moginie)
3. Common Ground (Garrett/Moginie)
4. Time To Heal  (Midnight Oil) APRA: Garrett/Moginie
5. Sins Of Omission (Burn/Midnight Oil)
6. One Too Many Times (Moginie)
7. Star Of Hope   (Moginie)
8. In The Rain  (Garrett)
9. Bring On The Change (Garrett/Moginie)
10. Home  (Moginie)
11. E-Beat  (Garrett/Moginie)
12. Barest Degree (Hirst/Hillman)
13. Gravelrash  (Midnight Oil)

REDNECK WONDERLAND
1. Redneck Wonderland  (Moginie/Hirst)
2. Concrete    (Hirst/Moginie/Garrett)
3. Cemetery In My Mind  (Hirst/Moginie/Garrett)
4. Comfortable Place On The Couch (Moginie/Hirst)
5. Safety Chain Blues  (Moginie/Garrett)
6. Return To Sender   (Moginie)
7. Blot    (Hirst/Moginie/Garrett)
8. The Great Gibber Plain  (Hirst/Moginie)
9. Seeing Is Believing  (Hirst/Moginie/Garrett)
10. White Skin Black Heart (Hirst/Moginie/Garrett)
11. What Goes On  (Hirst/Moginie)
12. Drop In The Ocean  (Moginie)