Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils

Alister Thomas a_thomas@bigpond.net.au
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:22:59 +1100

I know how pathetic this may come across as - but Peter Garrett has been
both a hero and a role model for me since I was *very* young (like, around
7 years old - and I'm now 27 years old).

It's not a dogma I hold - I just find myself agreeing with most things he
says. It's also his (and the whole bands') attitude and strength of
character, in general, that I find inspirational.

Though I'm not a slave to the memory of Midnight Oil, geeez I find them a
good point of reference in terms of how to live a *decent* life...

Let more people hear some other thoughts (besides the dominant right-wing
bullshit paradigm)...

I find myself endlessly mulling over (and thinking about) what they have to
say - can't always figure it out, but havin' a backbone ain't a bad thing
:))))))))

Alister