Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Our Powderworks Community

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:20:03 +1100 (EST)

--0-1261784558-1039609203=:81000

Just wanted to thank everyone who responded.
Yesterday, when I was posting it, I just had to write.  After I wrote it down, It felt so much better.  I felt lot stronger.  I went back into the office, wrote everything down, exactly what I overheard.  Then I knew, because it was not the first time, there were other people who were offended by similar racial and discriminatory comments.  I got those folks together, and we all as a team went to personnel office to file the complaint.
Hope they will do something disciplinary in that matter.  If not, well, such is life.  The only reason I work there, is because it's not even a mile from my home.  On the other hand, I could raise bigger stink, but I am too proud for that.  Next time, if they say more things, I will just put those cookies where they belong (verbally ).
Well, time to go to work.  I am arming myself with my CD pouch full of Midnight Oil, Yothu Yindi, Steppenwolf, and my other favourites.  (ok make it 2 cd pouches...)
And I will occasionally check on the Powdies list (when no one is in the office).  I am getting faster Alt-Tabbing now.....
Much love,
Miss Oooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllsssssssssssss  !
Lina

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Greetings
- Send your seasons greetings online this year!
--0-1261784558-1039609203=:81000

<P>Just wanted to thank everyone who responded.
<P>Yesterday, when I was posting it, I just had to write.&nbsp; After I wrote it down, It felt so much better.&nbsp; I felt lot stronger.&nbsp; I went back into the office, wrote everything down, exactly what I overheard.&nbsp; Then I knew, because it was not the first time, there were other people who were offended by similar racial and discriminatory comments.&nbsp; I got those folks together, and we all as a team went to personnel office to file the complaint.
<P>Hope they will do something disciplinary in that matter.&nbsp; If not, well, such is life.&nbsp; The only reason I work there, is because it's not even a mile from my home.&nbsp; On the other hand, I could raise bigger stink, but I am too proud for that.&nbsp; Next time, if they say more things, I will just put those cookies where they belong (verbally ).
<P>Well, time to go to work.&nbsp; I am arming myself with my CD pouch full of Midnight Oil, Yothu Yindi, Steppenwolf, and my other favourites.&nbsp; (ok make it 2 cd pouches...)
<P>And I will occasionally check on the Powdies list (when no one is in the office).&nbsp; I am getting faster Alt-Tabbing now.....
<P>Much love,
<P>Miss Oooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllsssssssssssss&nbsp; !