Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What else

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:02:34 EST

--part1_11.3c5d229.2b201bca_boundary

Maybe it's because I'm a big Who fan that I'm not taking the news about
Pete as hard as some of you are.  Hell the Who broke up 20 years ago and
despite the deaths of half of their members they just finished off their
second
U. S. tour in three years.  But seriously folks, I'm not trying to make light
of
the issue.  It is sad, especially when you consider how good the latest
album is, and of course the live shows are as powerful as ever.  I'm sad to
see it
end, but then again, there's no law that says Pete and the guys can't tour
or record in the future (just ask the Who).  Twenty-five years isn't a bad
run
for a rock band, and I know none of us blame Pete for his decision.  I figure
after a few years of working on saving the world he'll have to come back and
help save rock and roll music - so be ready!

Mike

--part1_11.3c5d229.2b201bca_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Maybe it's because I'm a big Who fan that I'm not taking the news about<BR>
Pete as hard as some of you are.&nbsp; Hell the Who broke up 20 years ago and<BR>
despite the deaths of half of their members they just finished off their second<BR>
U. S. tour in three years.&nbsp; But seriously folks, I'm not trying to make light of<BR>
the issue.&nbsp; It is sad, especially when you consider how good the latest <BR>
album is, and of course the live shows are as powerful as ever.&nbsp; I'm sad to see it<BR>
end, but then again, there's no law that says Pete and the guys can't tour<BR>
or record in the future (just ask the Who).&nbsp; Twenty-five years isn't a bad run<BR>
for a rock band, and I know none of us blame Pete for his decision.&nbsp; I figure<BR>
after a few years of working on saving the world he'll have to come back and<BR>
help save rock and roll music - so be ready!<BR>
<BR>
Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_11.3c5d229.2b201bca_boundary--