Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Things to be thankful for

sweetapplej@mindspring.com sweetapplej@mindspring.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:26:05 -0500 (EST)

It's taken a day or two for it all to sink in.

I'm just thankful I got to see them here in Atlanta...and meet Indi and Jacques and many others.

Even though I bought Diesel and Dust because I had a crush on a guy that said he couldn't get The Dead Heart out of his mind, I can hardly express how their music has changed my life.  Like I've heard from others in the last couple of days, the music made me wonder about the places and names in the songs.  That started a still ongoing obsession with Australia.  It has taken me there twice to date and given me a new best friend, plus others that are just as invaluable.  Midnight Oil has influenced my CD collection and indeed my life.

I wish them all the best and will be still on Powderworks, waiting for the good Oil on the next projects, sure to be on the way.  And I loved meeting them here at Earthlink Live.  I'll never, ever forget it.

Jill Sweetapple
Atlanta, GA  USA