Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Vote!!

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:50:57 -0500

Pete = Jimmy Carter on Red Bull???????????

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Phil Stanton
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 6:50 PM
To: Powderworks
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] Vote!!

Well you say that, but I don't know, thinking about it.
Politicians (over here at least) seem to have to follow a
certain code of behaviour and ethic which, to some extent,
might well restrict someone as outspoken as Peter. He may have
a harder time getting a message across to people within the
confines of being a politician compared with being a public
figure outside of the formal political arena.

Plus the fact that most politicians seem to have a necessity to
be mealy-mouthed lying twisting conniving bastards (or at best,
that's what they become after a few years), so I don't think
he's totally qualified.

Phil