Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rock on Jim, Rob, Martin and Bones

James Warren jimcwarren@earthlink.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:42:22 -0800

--Apple-Mail-2-435800426

Dave (and everyone),

Your message got me speculating.  Maybe guys like Jim and Rob are=20
feeling really inspired musically, and maybe Peter's departure is=20
freeing them up to do more together as professional musicians without=20
having to wait for him.  I hope that every member of the band continues=20=

to do his thing with passion.  I feel sad, but it's a good kind of sad.

-Jim

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 01:18 PM, Dave Weinert wrote:

> I have been silent for sometime now and just kinda read what everyone=20=

> has been writing for the past few months, I had to say something----=20=

> No sympathy cards needed. No tears should be shed for crying out loud.=20=

> Can't work!! Life does go on people!!! We all have the music which=20
> will live on. This seems more like a time out break if anything. How=20=

> many of those have we seen in the past 12 years. It seems like forever=20=

> before new albums were released. They already released their official=20=

> live disc (even though we all have more than one live show in our=20
> collections) and a greatest hits package with 2 new bonus tracks=A0that=20=

> we still buy (even though we=A0have all the other songs on the=20
> original=A0cd/lp/tapes). Most bands wait for a couple years when they=20=

> need money again=A0to do that- They beat everyone to it. So what else =
is=20
> new!!! Denial/Anticipation. I have been a huge fan for 16 years. Like=20=

> all bands- of their stature-now maybe we can look forward to them=20
> rightfu! lly getting inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame and=20=

> what next- A REUNION TOUR!!!! Anything is possible- Nobody said that=20=

> he will never make music again. so relax. After meeting all of them a=20=

> couple times in the past year when the were here in the states- It=20
> should be=A0very comforting to know that Jim, Rob, Martin and Bones =
(and=20
> Gary) will continue to be Midnight Oil for all of us. It is not a=20
> complete everyone go there own seperate ways.=A0 So what if Pete =
wanted=20
> to take his ball and go home for a bit- The music will always have the=20=

> same meaning. Pete isn't Midnight Oil all by himself- It was all of=20
> them together. It can still be great. Sure not the same but still=A0=20=

> would rather have 80% of something than 100% of nothing!!!
>

> Rock on Jim, Rob, Martin and Bones. Looking forward to the new stuff=20=

> and seeing you=A0play in the USA again soon!!!=A0
>
> Dave in Michigan

<image.tiff>

> MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*=

--Apple-Mail-2-435800426

Dave (and everyone),=20

Your message got me speculating.  Maybe guys like Jim and Rob are
feeling really inspired musically, and maybe Peter's departure is
freeing them up to do more together as professional musicians without
having to wait for him.  I hope that every member of the band
continues to do his thing with passion.  I feel sad, but it's a good
kind of sad.

-Jim

[...]

</excerpt>=20

<excerpt>