Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: news on the "news"

Eel Bonjack scissormansnip@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:10:36 -0800 (PST)

 They implied that
> he will be getting back into politics, which I have
> to agree is a good thing
> for this country with the way it's being run at the
> moment making me
> embarrased to call myself Australian sometimes.
> Little Johnny's gotta go.

HOW do you think I (and many others) feel about being
AMERICAN???
I'd say the same about Bush, but he's now got both
houses of Congress, and we just have to grin and bear
it, because its going to be a rough next couple years,
at the very least!! The media can feed us anything
they want to about Al Queda in our midst, and create a
new thought police they call "homeland security",
while abusing our natural resources as much as
possible all in the name of profit!!! and of course
more terrorists are going to be created in the process
AAAAHH!!!! ITS SO STUPID!!!!
but I digress.
back to the topic: all we can do is reflect, however
we may interpret it, in our lives, the ideology that
Midnight Oil has given us in our music, whether they
are still functioning as a band or not. maybe
somebody's already said that, I can't keep up.
like Gandalf said, "all we can decide is what to do
with the time that is given to us"..........

=====
"Stories are the most important thing in the world. Without stories, we would be nothing at all."
-Philip Pullman