Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] everything that ever has been

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:05:30 -0500 (EST)

--0-1596739845-1038953130=:4823

Well said, young (and wise) cyber-friend.  :)
Appreciated your perspective and your heartspeak, Ian, and I truly hope that what the Oils have done will serve as a standard of sorts for musical intelligence, not just in Oz but around the world. For producing, sharing and supporting the Oils all these years, to all Ozzies everywhere - GOOD-ON-YA (eh!)
Also proud to be a Powderworker and life-long fan of the other "world's greatest rock n roll band" -
bruce in calgary
"The stars are punching holes in the darkness!" ~ R.L. Stevenson
 tone poem <taralys@hotmail.com> wrote:If there's something that I would like to say, then it's simply this.

I don't believe in goodbyes. I believe in 'see you later'. I grew up with
the oils (quite literally, as they were already a well established band by
the time I was born) and there's no band that spoke more lovingly of the
country that I call home. Of the highs, and the lows. And with the prefect
mixture of politcal whack, rock and introspection, Midnight Oil was more
than just a 'musical group' to me.

An end, this may be. But maybe it's a beginning too. A plataeu for new
Australian music - maybe not like the Oils, but something all the same that
screams 'Hey! I'm Australian and I'm bloody proud. Right or wrong' or
something that stands up in the crowd and booms 'Wake up and see what we're
doing to ourselves!'

Midnight Oil taught me alot. And, I'm a different person for it. Maybe if I
see the guys around, I'll say "Hey, thanks for everything. That took guts"
And if Peter does go into politics, I wish him luck and say that if I vote
for him, it won't be on his talent, it will be on his policies.

So to Jim, Rob, Martin, Bones and Pete - whom I don't really know well
enough personally to call by their first name, but somehow, I don't think
they'd care.
Thanks guys.

And Pete. You know you can't hide for long even if you don't go into
politics, a man with your stature and charisma can't stay underneath the
radar long.
Besides, it's not in you.

And to the powderworkers. You are all perfect friends. Midnight Oil would be
something different without you. I'm honoured to call myself a powderworker.
And lucky to call myself a fan of the most important band in this country's
history.

These are all opinions. But it's heartspeak. That's got to count for
something.

-ian

--0-1596739845-1038953130=:4823

<P>Well said, young (and wise) cyber-friend.&nbsp; :)
<P>Appreciated your perspective and your heartspeak, Ian, and I truly hope that what the Oils have done will serve as a standard of sorts for musical intelligence, not just in Oz but around the world. For producing, sharing&nbsp;and supporting the Oils all these years, to all Ozzies everywhere - GOOD-ON-YA (eh!)
<P>Also proud to be a Powderworker and life-long fan of the other "world's greatest rock n roll band" -
<P>bruce in calgary
<P>"The stars are punching holes in the darkness!" ~ R.L. Stevenson
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>tone poem &lt;taralys@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">If there's something that I would like to say, then it's simply this.<BR><BR>I don't believe in goodbyes. I believe in 'see you later'. I grew up with <BR>the oils (quite literally, as they were already a well established band by <BR>the time I was born) and there's no band that spoke more lovingly of the <BR>country that I call home. Of the highs, and the lows. And with the prefect <BR>mixture of politcal whack, rock and introspection, Midnight Oil was more <BR>than just a 'musical group' to me.<BR><BR>An end, this may be. But maybe it's a beginning too. A plataeu for new <BR>Australian music - maybe not like the Oils, but something all the same that <BR>screams 'Hey! I'm Australian and I'm bloody proud. Right or wrong' or <BR>something that stands up in the crowd and booms 'Wake up and see what we're <BR>doing to ourselves!'<BR><BR>Midnight Oil taught me alot. And, I'm a different person for it. Maybe if I <BR>see the guys around, I'll say "Hey, thanks for everything. That took guts" <BR>And if Peter does go into politics, I wish him luck and say that if I vote <BR>for him, it won't be on his talent, it will be on his policies.<BR><BR>So to Jim, Rob, Martin, Bones and Pete - whom I don't really know well <BR>enough personally to call by their first name, but somehow, I don't think <BR>they'd care.<BR>Thanks guys.<BR><BR>And Pete. You know you can't hide for long even if you don't go into <BR>politics, a man with your stature and charisma can't stay underneath the <BR>radar long.<BR>Besides, it's not in you.<BR><BR>And to the powderworkers. You are all perfect friends. Midnight Oil would be <BR>something different without you. I'm honoured to call myself a powderworker. <BR>And lucky to call myself a fan of the most important band in this country's <BR>history.<BR><BR>These are all opinions. But it's heartspeak. That's got to count for <BR>something.<BR><BR>-ian<BR><BR>________________________________________________________
--0-1596739845-1038953130=:4823--