Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] gone - double whammy!!!

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 05:38:16 +1100 (EST)

--0-1133819551-1038940696=:99821

Hey guys,
Double-whammy for me yesterday:  Pete quits Oils, and Steppenwolf - last issue of Howl....Rock is dead they say eh?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  !!!!!!
Lina (Born to Be Wild with Power and the Passion....)
 Tom Davies <tdav@wam.umd.edu> wrote:
...and apparently I'm about the thousandth Powderworker to learn of Peter's
departure...

Can't bear to actually get up and go put on their music right now. It would
make it too real, the fact that there isn't going to be any more of it.

Yes, Australian politics would benefit from more of Peter's involvement.
But so would music...

Strange timing this has in my life. I've been preparing to move back to
Australia (Perth, where I was born) and thinking of getting involved in
politics... now I'll never get to be at an Australian show... I'm just so
glad they came to the US a couple of times over the past year, so that I
could at least get to see four Oils shows in my life. Which I hope I never
forget.

I guess it's time to start collecting more concert recordings, rare tracks,
and such. If this is all the Midnight Oil we're going to get, I'd at least
like to possess as much of it as possible.

Time to start listening to Ghostwriters too...

The only other time a band I loved broke up, it was Rage Against the
Machine, and one couldn't be too distraught about that because all the
members were clearly going to go on and make more good music (though
Audioslave has yet to win me over). I wonder how much more we're going to
see from the Oils, though. Peter at least, it seems, is really finished
with music. What a loss.

wearing black, and done rambling for now,

tom

Yahoo! Hint Dropper
- Avoid getting hideous gifts this Christmas with Yahoo! Hint Dropper!
--0-1133819551-1038940696=:99821

<P>Hey guys,
<P>Double-whammy for me yesterday:&nbsp; Pete quits Oils, and Steppenwolf - last issue of Howl....Rock is dead they say eh?
<P>noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo&nbsp; !!!!!!
<P>Lina (Born to Be Wild with Power and the Passion....)