Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Future of Midnight Oil?

David A. Brass amt4all@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:44:57 -0800 (PST)

Very shocking news...must have been the reason for the recent Euro tour
cancelation and may have been planned on since the July midwest US tour.
Does PG actually intend to end his career as a lead singer?  He is a
definitive figure for MidOil and it is very hard to imagine the other
members to continue as Midnight Oil (by that name at least).

I am very tempted to make comparisons to the demise of the SF, Cal based
Grateful Dead when Jerry Garcia died.  However the GD actually splintered
into 3 seperate acts which picked up additional talent, a somewhat
modified sound and "image", and recently started a very large and somewhat
overblown reunion tour (still in progress too)...7 years have passed since
Garcia's death and the tours keep going (not as the "grateful Dead"
though).  And...very important here.....as far as Midnight Oil goes, no
one is really "gone" at least not for good...

Powderworks will go on for years and continue to focus on all the members
of Midnight Oil.  Certainly even if, PG has ended his musical career the
others will go on....

Will continue with the CD-R trees at any rate...and figure out how and
when I will use the passport I recieved in the mail today...put out for
that for the Euro tour and then figured on using it next year for an
Aussie tour...(damn!!!)...

David A. Brass
Arcata, California