Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The End?

The Monkey Family julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:35:22 +0100

OK so this looks like the end...but if you read the statement it seems that
80% of what made the Oils will still be playing their music. I for one look
forward to this and really hope they do keep playing together. Hirst/Moginie
songs will continue to appear for many years to come from now on.

One question though - who would sing...has Jims voice improved enough? Can't
see them getting another singer...but Bones is very good and so is Rob. Can't
wait to hear what it turns out like...like they say they really have a special
chemistry with or without Pete.

I wonder though why Pete decided to quit the band. If the others wanted to do
more that Pete I'm sure the Oils could have done an album every three years or
so, and the others done their side projects...me thinks that Pete will be
doing something very big and political to have to quit the Oils for good.

Julian

The Monkey Family