Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] CD-R TREE: Seattle / Vancouver / Calgary 2002

Andy Gillcrist andrewg@nwlink.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:46:45 -0700

G'day Powdies,

With all these weeds cropping up all over, I think it's time I planted a
tree.

This tree will be three complete shows, 2 discs each for a total of 6 discs:

	2002-05-10  Seattle, WA, USA (the Moore Theater)
	2002-05-12  Vancouver, BC, Canada (the Commodore Ballroom)
	2002-05-14  Calgary, AB, Canada (MacEwan Hall, U. of Calgary)

These are the same three 2002 shows I uploaded to the FTP server, but
of course with no compression they sound way better than those MP3s.

So here's how I'd like to work it.  If you'd like to be part of this tree,
reply
to me directly, NOT to the Powderworks list, and let me know if you want
to be a BRANCH or a LEAF.  Branches will be responsible for making more
copies for leaves and other branches;  leaves just get copies.  Please, if
you have a burner and are willing to make a few copies and send them out,
sign up as a branch.  If you don't have a burner, or just don't have any
time
to mess with burning and mailing, okay, be a leaf.

If you are willing to be a branch of this tree, also indicate how many
copies
you are willing to make.  Each copy will be six discs, so don't sign up for
more than you can do in a reasonable amount of time.  I'm hoping to get
quite a few branches so that each individual branch won't be overloaded.

The signup period for this tree will be one week, from this moment until
the end of the day Wednesday, September 4.

Once I close the signup, I'll figure out the tree structure -- all the
leaves
and branches -- and contact you all at that time about who you'll be
connecting with.  All branches will know who their leaves are;  all leaves
will need to contact their branches to exchange mailing info.

Anyone interested in further trading, please include a copy of your trade
list when you contact me, and I'll include mine when I contact you.

Any questions?  Need clarification on something?  Email me directly.

Right then, here we go!

OOOOOIIIIILLLLLSSSSS!!!!

	Andy  :)