Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC would-be dictator Bush leaves another muddy bootprint on t

Brian Jacobs suncrush@lycos.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:09:11 +1200

Um....  MO is a political band.  That means most of the fans have an interest in political opinions.  This is a forum for the fans of Midnight Oil, and that means the discussions will not be limited to music.  It has been that way since I joined 6 years ago.  If you don't like that and want to leave, well, that's your right.  See you later.

I stand by my comment that Bush is trying to become something of a dictator.  No, he is no Pol Pot or Hitler or Stalin, but that doesn't make what is doing okay.  The best way to build a dictatorship is to take rights away from the people one by one, slowly enough that they don't really take notice.  That is exactly what Bush has been doing.  I sincerely hope the man loses the next election, because I don't want to ever find out what America would be like after eight years of Bush the Younger.

Brian
---
The "Bonsai Kitten" web site does a reflect a very dark, disturbing trend in our society, and it has nothing to do with animal abuse. It has to do with an ever-increasing sense of entitlement which proclaims that if you don't like what someone else has to say, the best and most proper way of handling your displeasure is to force the other person to shut up.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:48:12
 Dale Ortiz wrote:

> [...]

Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE!
http://mail.lycos.com