Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] nmoc: Bulldogs

Tribe Goddard daznsam@webone.com.au
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:06:21 +1000

Cheers

Daz
----- Original Message -----
From: <LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Cc: "Tari, Vince" <fstariv1@NMHG.com>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 10:59 AM
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] nmoc: Bulldogs

"'Lachlan_Kirk@agd.nsw.gov.au'"
powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
>                                          Subject:     RE: [Powderworks]
nmoc: Bulldogs
>                                          (Document link: Ian LLOYD)
>

> Let's face it, the games been going to the dumps since Murdoch stuck his
nose in and stuffed it up by trying to buy the game!
> I'm a Balmain supporter who used to go to every game they played at their
home ground and a lot of away ones back in the eighties when club loyalty
> still existed, these days it's not a game it's a business and there is way
too much money involved and when money becomes involved so does cheating
> and bribing and betting and game fixing and who wants to watch that crap?
> I could count on one hand the amount of games i've been too in the last
decade, these days the team with the most money wins, it's not about loyalty
> anymore it's about buying the premiership, as far as i'm concerned it's
not sport anymore because sport is something people do for the sheer
pleasure
> of winning for your team not to play well to see how much money the other
clubs will offer you at the end of the season!
> I hardly watch sport anymore because it's not sport, i'd rather watch the
people in the local park who play because their hearts in it, they're the

"'Lachlan_Kirk@agd.nsw.gov.au'"
<Lachlan_Kirk@agd.nsw.gov.au>,
>                     powderworks-admin@cs.co
powderworks@cs.colorado.edu