Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] SMOC: Yes/Rush

Talisyn@aol.com Talisyn@aol.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:44:45 EDT

--part1_137.1300db5f.2a93da0d_boundary

I saw Peter Garrett at the Smirinoff Starplex in Dallas! ( well, kinda sorta)

Over this past weekend, both Yes and Rush played the Smirinoff...for you Yes
fans, incredible sound, all the best old material from Tales, Relayer, (none
of that rabid Rabin popstuff) maestro Steve Howe amazing on guitar, and the
ever delightful Rick Wakeman with his circle of keyboards.

Last night was Rush, and even though the sound was horrible, you never saw
such a show in your life. It was breathtakingly beautiful to watch. Amazing
and astounding. Lights, cameras, action! Alex Lifeson smote by a dragon
onstage! It just doesn't get much more entertaining than that....the type of
show legends are born of.

The best for last....

Upon exiting stage left <g> and wandering out to the parking lot, the first
guy I see has Peter Garrett proudly displayed on his chest (the black T
headshot of PG/Capricornia) I was like "I love Peter Garrett I Love Midnight
Oil!" So thanks whoever you were (hope you were a worker) for bringing PG to
Dallas (one just doesn't see that out this way on any day of the week) and
thank you for making, in a sort of cosmic connectivness thingsy, Midnight Oil
a part of a magical musical evening :-)

<3 Tali

--part1_137.1300db5f.2a93da0d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#808080" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>I saw Peter Garrett at the Smirinoff Starplex in Dallas! ( well, kinda sorta)<BR>
<BR>
Over this past weekend, both Yes and Rush played the Smirinoff...for you Yes fans, incredible sound, all the best old material from Tales, Relayer, (none of that rabid Rabin popstuff) maestro Steve Howe amazing on guitar, and the ever delightful Rick Wakeman with his circle of keyboards. <BR>
<BR>
Last night was Rush, and even though the sound was horrible, you never saw such a show in your life. It was breathtakingly beautiful to watch. Amazing and astounding. Lights, cameras, action! Alex Lifeson smote by a dragon onstage! It just doesn't get much more entertaining than that....the type of show legends are born of.<BR>
<BR>
The best for last....<BR>
<BR>
Upon exiting stage left &lt;g&gt; and wandering out to the parking lot, the first guy I see has Peter Garrett proudly displayed on his chest (the black T headshot of PG/Capricornia) I was like "I love Peter Garrett I Love Midnight Oil!" So thanks whoever you were (hope you were a worker) for bringing PG to Dallas (one just doesn't see that out this way on any day of the week) and thank you for making, in a sort of cosmic connectivness thingsy, Midnight Oil a part of a magical musical evening :-)<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#c0c0c0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Timmons" LANG="0">&lt;3</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Timmons" LANG="0"><I> </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#8080c0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Timmons" LANG="0"></I>T</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#8080ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Timmons" LANG="0">a</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#8000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Timmons" LANG="0">l</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#400080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Timmons" LANG="0">i </B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_137.1300db5f.2a93da0d_boundary--