Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC - Sept 11th, etc

Geordie McMillan geordie_mcmillan@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:02:56 +1000

Scott and others on the list,

One aspect throughout all of my postings on this issue has been that I have
the utmost compassion and sympathy for victims and their friends and
families of the tragedies of September 11. Once again, I in no way condone,
rather condemn, the actions taken by whoever perpetrated these hideous acts.

However, due to my considerable distance from the USA, i.e. Australia, and
that of many others on this list, different perspectives on the background
of these events are often formed. As an avid reader of politics, history,
current affairs, literature, etc., my interest is often in stepping back and
looking to the past in order to hopefully gain an insight into the future.

Therefore, I decided to put forward some ideas, theories, reasons and facts
about the wider picture outside of the events of September 11 in order to
exchange ideas with different people on this list.

As I said, I have the utmost compassion for the people affected by these
events. It's just that some of us are more prepared to talk about them in a
rational and civilised manner than others.

If I offended anyone with the content of my postings then I apologise.
However, they are merely a presentation of an opinion and an interpretation
of the make-up of modern global politics, not an attack on the citizens of
the USA.

Geordie.