Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What would you do...

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:07:37 -0400

...if you were president?
This is exactly what I asked my dad on Sept. 11 when I called him that
evening.  My dad is a pacifist and also a Mennonite pastor, and I was
basically like, OK, Mr. Pacifist, what do you have to say now?  And
unfortunately he didn't really have an answer for me, except to say what
many have already said here, which is that decades, no, centuries of
terrible foreign policy have deposited us where we are today: in a big pile
of crap.  There is no answer to the question.
However, I do think that admitting to the rest of the world that we know we
have had centuries of terrible foreign policy would be an interesting place
to start.
How to undo that damage?  Near impossible.
Another stinking liberal,

--Glitch
"There are trivial truths and great truths.
The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.
The opposite of a great truth is also true."
                     --Niels Bohr