Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Nazis and Taliban

Cheryl H ooiiilllss@hotmail.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:23:27 -0400

Obviously I was being sarcastic in my response to Julian Shaw when he said
that he wanted to move beyond the history of the British Empire, as if to
dismiss it completely.  All world powers, British included, have spies to do
their dirty work.  The question after 9/11 was where were they?  Appearantly
the CIA had cut the budget to the point that we had virtually no one out
there, leaving us open to anything.  Julian's finger-pointing fails to
observe the fact that the day after the bombings, the British Government
offered to back up the US Government as it saw fit.  Whose interests were
they protecting?  I am not for this war any more than the next person, and
yes, a lot of what has happened could've been avoided.   But if you're going
to blame the US Government for the current state of Afghanistan, try to
remember that we're not the only ones over there.

Cheryl