Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Mini-workers

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:14:05 -0400

--=====================_1021977706==_.ALT

Mine haven't seen the DVD yet (we don't have a player), but I may treat
them to it at their grandparents house after we go to the desert in the dry
later this month.

My six-year-old went fanatic after his first live experience.  Happens to
the best of us.

Kate

At 06:02 PM 8/6/02 -0400, Beth Curran wrote:

>Have anyone else s kids turned into little workers after watching the 20K
>RSL DVD?  My 8 year old was already a fan but is now pretty much obsessed
>picking up bits from the videos (Sample:  Hey, Mom, that song is Read
>About It and Peter s wearing a newspaper suit!  Get it?  You reeeeead a
>newwwwwwwspaperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?  Get it? ) and reading the lyric sheets
>from the CDs as the DVD plays.  The 4 year old, formerly watching Harry
>Potter about eleventy-million times per month, is now demanding I want the
>Midnight Oils music and sits there fascinated, singing bits and pieces.
>

>Now if only I could get them to give equal time to my Alan Rickman movies,
>I wouldn t have a thing to wish for on the entertainment front. ;^} - Beth

Kate Adams
Graduate Student
Department of Work Environment
UMass Lowell
Global Free Trade: All the economic benefits of colonialism, without all
those nasty responsibilities.
*****
--=====================_1021977706==_.ALT

Mine haven't seen the DVD yet (we don't have a player), but I may treat
them to it at their grandparents house after we go to the desert in the
dry later this month.<br>
My six-year-old went fanatic after his first live experience.&nbsp;
Happens to the best of us.<br>
Kate<br>
At 06:02 PM 8/6/02 -0400, Beth Curran wrote:<br>
anyone else s kids turned into little workers after watching the 20K RSL
DVD?&nbsp; My 8 year old was already a fan but is now pretty much
obsessed picking up bits from the videos (Sample:&nbsp; Hey, Mom, that
song is Read About It and Peter s wearing a newspaper suit!&nbsp; Get
it?&nbsp; You <u>reeeeead</u> a
<u>newwwwwwwspaperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr</u>?&nbsp; Get it? ) and reading the
lyric sheets from the CDs as the DVD plays.&nbsp; The 4 year old,
formerly watching Harry Potter about eleventy-million times per month, is
now demanding I want the Midnight Oils music and sits there fascinated,
singing bits and pieces.<br>
to my Alan Rickman movies, I wouldn t have a thing to wish for on the
entertainment front. ;^} - Beth</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
*********************************************************************************<br>
Kate Adams<br>
Graduate Student<br>
Department of Work Environment<br>
UMass Lowell<br>
Global Free Trade: All the economic benefits of colonialism, without
all<br>
those nasty responsibilities.<br>