Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Review from Orlando

Dr. J. Lee Hoover lablover@cablelynx.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:14:31 -0500

 Nothing wrong with constructive criticism--and I do appreciate the reasoned
and thoughtful article--BUT I disagree strongly with a couple of passages:

Statement 1:
"...it's hard to escape the feeling that this album marks a step backward
for the band."

Statement 2:
"...whether the band is running in place or not, 'Capricornia' is anything
but unsatisfying."

Such a lukewarm review. The Oils are not infallible but I have yet to judge
them as "stepping backward" or "running in place." Guess this proves we need
more LIVE exposure in Orlando and other points south! :)
--Lee