Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] OILS/CULTURE CLUB

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:52:36 EDT

--part1_131.c188279.29e921a4_boundary

In a message dated 4/12/2002 3:46:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jeffbond@mindspring.com writes:

> I saw a great matchup during Midnight Oil's 1993 ESM tour:  Hothouse Flowers
> and Ziggy Marley (with the Wailers as his band).  I brought friends to the
> show that wondered between sets if MO could top the opening acts.  Lucky
> for me, MO was on fire.  A fantastic show.

I saw both Los Angeles area dates during that tour and Hothouse Flowers
played at both, but one of the nights also included Counting Crows, whom
I had never heard of yet.  It was an outdoor amphitheater show and my
wife and I were having a couple cold ones in the beer garden while the
Crows were playing, we didn't even bother to go in and watch.  I remember
telling my wife it sounded like Van Morrison was in there playing.  I
like the Crows now and kind of wished I had gone in to see them.
Great Oils show though, warm early fall evening with a harvest moon rising
behind them.

My favorite matchup involving the Oils had to be the 1990 BSM show with
Hunters & Collectors.  I knew nothing about those guys and they were
great.  Then the Oils come out (it was the first time I saw them) and they
totally blew me away.  They started with something like Progress, Bullroarer,
Dreamworld, Stars of Warburton, Put Down that Weapon and King of the
Mountain, all favorites of mine.  I thought I was in heaven.

Mike

--part1_131.c188279.29e921a4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 4/12/2002 3:46:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jeffbond@mindspring.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Times New Roman" LANG="0"><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I saw a great matchup during Midnight Oil's 1993 ESM tour:&nbsp; Hothouse Flowers and Ziggy Marley (with the Wailers as his band).&nbsp; I brought friends to the show that wondered between sets if MO could top the opening acts.&nbsp; Lucky for me, MO was on fire.&nbsp; A fantastic show.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
I saw both Los Angeles area dates during that tour and Hothouse Flowers <BR>
played at both, but one of the nights also included Counting Crows, whom<BR>
I had never heard of yet.&nbsp; It was an outdoor amphitheater show and my <BR>
wife and I were having a couple cold ones in the beer garden while the <BR>
Crows were playing, we didn't even bother to go in and watch.&nbsp; I remember<BR>
telling my wife it sounded like Van Morrison was in there playing.&nbsp; I <BR>
like the Crows now and kind of wished I had gone in to see them.&nbsp; <BR>
Great Oils show though, warm early fall evening with a harvest moon rising<BR>
behind them. <BR>
<BR>
My favorite matchup involving the Oils had to be the 1990 BSM show with <BR>
Hunters &amp; Collectors.&nbsp; I knew nothing about those guys and they were <BR>
great.&nbsp; Then the Oils come out (it was the first time I saw them) and they <BR>
totally blew me away.&nbsp; They started with something like Progress, Bullroarer,<BR>
Dreamworld, Stars of Warburton, Put Down that Weapon and King of the <BR>
Mountain, all favorites of mine.&nbsp; I thought I was in heaven.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_131.c188279.29e921a4_boundary--