Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Paisley Tele?

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 April 2002, "KLAY GUSTIN" wrote

> I do believe on many recordings Jim played the fabled
paisley Tele' but I've
> never seen him play it live.

I do remember rumours of this guitar too, come to think
of it, and the story of a worker being inspired to cop
that very model. I assume that must have been Klay. For
any who care,apparently Fender used '60's era wallpaper
with a paisley pattern then laminated the whole schmeel
to the wood to make the revered piece in question.
Matt's suggestion of a P90 equipped Les Paul would
definitly be a possibility - albeit a tad unorthodox...
 :)

> still my favorite guitar out of 16-18 that I still
own or have owned since.

You're not married, or else have a wonderfully
understanding and kind wife. I've got mine convinced
that it is possible to play 5 or 6 guitars at once,
hence the need to be constantly alert for that elusive
ultimate addition, but 16 -18!! Awesome.

I'm green,

bruce

PS. My favourite and manliest squeeze is a smoky old
blonde 335. ANd yes, I am bragging...   ;)

PPS Any of you OZ or American players ever heard of
Godin guitars?

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.