Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Midnight Oil Show Spamming

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:56:12 +1000

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

----- Forwarded by Ian LLOYD/AU/Canon on 09/04/2002 08:57 -----

                    Ian LLOYD
                                         To:     "Maurice R. Kelly"
                    09/04/2002           <mkelly@deadheart.org.uk>
                    08:54                cc:     brian perkins <btpmsi@yahoo.com>,
                                         "powderworks@cs.colorado.edu" <powderworks,
                                         powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu>
                                         Subject:     Re: [Powderworks] Midnight Oil Show
                                         Spamming(Document link: Ian LLOYD)

While i don't agree with people advertising and sending junk mail, i have to say that i have seen
the Oils show quite a few times now and they are quite good and i can't help but feel that it is
somewhat related!
I would recommend that anyone in the Sydney area have a look at them if they can!

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    "Maurice R. Kelly"
                    <mkelly@deadheart.org.u        To:     brian perkins <btpmsi@yahoo.com>
                    k>                             cc:     "powderworks@cs.colorado.edu"
                    Sent by:                       <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        Subject:     Re: [Powderworks] Midnight Oil Show
                    lorado.edu                     Spamming

                    08/04/2002 17:38

On Apr 6, brian perkins wrote:

> Anyone else here getting spammed by the Oils cover
> band? Somewhat annoying aint it? How'd they get my
> addy anyway? Through p-works??? That's not a good
> thing... Besides, if I was to get all the way to
> Australia, it'd be to see The Real Thing, and not a
> cover band as good/bad as they may be. So their
> marketing efforts are missing the target by about, oh
> say, a hemisphere or so........
Yep, I did get messages from The Midnight Oil Show for a while to my
"webmaster" email address. I wrote back, thanked Darren (it is Darren
isn't it?) for the link to his site, but asked that he stopped sending me
the messages, as they had approached the point of becoming spam.

I also note the recent message he sent to the list, containing a link to a
Rob Hirst interview. I was somewhat annoyed to see that the majority of
his email consisted of a blatant advert. While I appreciate the link, I
don't appreciate the act of slipping it in with a piece of information.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk