Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Fatal Shore

Jill Sweetapple sweetapplej@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:10:25 +0000

And An Intruder's Guide to East Arnhem Land by our buddy Andrew McMillan....

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Geordie McMillan" <geordie_mcmillan@hotmail.com>
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] The Fatal Shore
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 07:44:03 +1000

Janice,

I have read 'The Fatal Shore', albeit many moons ago. It is quite a good
portrayal of Australia's shocking treatment of the indigenous population,
and also one of the first books to adequately question the previously
accepted white version of our history.

Other books that I would definitely recommend to yourself and any other
Powderworkers who want to know more about Australia are:

'The Savage Crows', 'The Bodysurfers' - Robert Drewe
'Cloudstreet', 'Dirt Music' - Tim Winton
Eddie Mabo's autobiography
The Age newspaper on-line: www.theage.com.au
'Blunt: A Biased History of Australian Rock' - Bob Blunt

Cheers,

Geordie.