Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lets urinate on the poor journo?

Luke Blackbourn lblackbourn@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:33:21 +1000

<P>I have now removed my tongue from my cheek. I credit Powderworkers with enough nous to know that urinating on people is not going to make them like the Oils- that's certainly not how I got into them. As you say Megan, people aren't idiots when it comes to decisionmaking, so I don't think my email would&nbsp;make Powderworkers decide that a golden shower will&nbsp;convince&nbsp;Mr Danton of the value of the Oils' music. But just in case, I better clarify the issue. Here goes-</P>
<P>&nbsp;In case anyone in Hartford thought it would be wise to follow my instructions, then&nbsp;you should cease and desist at once- void your bladders in an appropriate venue. It was meant to be a joke. Danton has his opinion, mine's different, life goes on- don't wee on the guy. </P>
<P>Have a laugh, listen to the Oils- we know they're the best, and I personally coudn't care less if others don't like them.</P>
<P>Gotta go, Back on the Borderline is starting up on 20K RSL.</P>
<P>Luke<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Megan Fitzgerald" <MEGANF@DIABETESNSW.COM.AU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Powderworks] lets urinate on the poor journo?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:21:47 +1000
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom, very well said.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I agree that the comments made in the Hartford Courier were not the most desirable but I have pity for this poor journo who could be receding a mass of angry letters about his review. Journos run on tight deadlines, report on varied issues (business one day, music the next) and can finish a story only to have it changed before going to print. That's why all criticism should be addressed as 'letter to the editor'. There's no chance your comments will be printed if you do it any other way.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;It's obvious that this guy knows very little about the oils but I don't think that he should be slagged, I think offering to correct him is a better way to go about this.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Anyway, there are plently of nasty oil reviews out there....people arn't idiots they make decisions to buy products on their own, not on some newspaper review.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Megs