Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fw: Oils Tours

andrew pye apye@bigpond.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:48:49 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1DBF0.364E0000

I've noticed (along with many of you) that of late, the tours Midnight =
Oil have done have been pretty poorly promoted and organised (Real Thing =
excepted here in Oz). I don't know if they themselves are just flying by =
the seat of their pants (so to speak) and just announcing things as they =
are confirmed, or doing shows when they feel they want to, but I would =
have thought it would have been far more efficient (not to mention =
atmosphere building) to have the whole thing signed, sealed, and then an =
announcement made to deliver when a tour as a whole was finalised, not =
as each show was confirmed.

I know here in Oz it's probably not that important because their =
travelling distance etc is relatively small and they are afforded a =
greater level of flexibility (with all due respect to our friends in =
West Oz!). But certainly when planning a trip OS, I would have thought =
everything would have been organised and set to go well before they left =
home so as to conduct thing in a (dare I say it) more professional =
manner. It seems at the moment it is a slow trickle of dates that keep =
appearing with shows popping up everywhere at what seems like random =
convenience.

There could be a million reasons why this is the case but does anyone =
for sure know why this is? Even if from purely a marketing prospect, let =
alone all the other benefits, it would be preferable to have things more =
tightly packaged. It seems very amateur from a band which we all know to =
be a hell of a lot more professional than that. There must be some =
reasonable underlying reason. I suspect a lack of confidence by =
promoters, particularly overseas. Or, at the risk of flogging a dead =
horse, maybe they're working around possible golf rounds!!??

Does anyone know for sure??
  I got an e-mail today from metrotix telling me that the show was =
cancelled. I am so disappointed!! I will still go to Chicago since I am =
halfway between those two cities, but what a letdown. I know information =
tends to be spotty because of using a couple of different ticketing =
systems, but it is so strange that we have to go to three or four =
different places to get the whole tour information. Or is this normal? =
Just curious.=20

  Thanks and have a good day!=20

  Peace,=20
  Jennifer=20

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1DBF0.364E0000

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've noticed (along with many of you) =
that of late,=20
the tours Midnight Oil have done have been pretty poorly promoted and=20
o</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>rganised (Real Thing excepted here =
in Oz). I=20
don't know if they themselves are just flying by the seat of their pants =
(so to=20
speak) and just announcing things as they are confirmed,&nbsp;or doing =
shows=20
when they feel they want to, but I would have thought it would have been =
far=20
more efficient (not to mention atmosphere building)&nbsp;to have the =
whole thing=20
signed, sealed, and then&nbsp;an announcement made to deliver when a =
tour as a=20
whole was finalised, not as each show was confirmed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I know here in Oz it's probably not =
that important=20
because their travelling distance etc&nbsp;is relatively small and they =
are=20
afforded a greater level of flexibility (with all due respect to our =
friends in=20
West Oz!). But certainly when planning a trip OS, I would have thought=20
everything would have been organised and set to go well before they left =
home so=20
as to conduct thing&nbsp;in a (dare I say it) more professional manner. =
It seems=20
at the moment it is a slow trickle of dates that keep appearing with =
shows=20
popping up everywhere at what seems like random =
convenience.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There could be a million reasons why =
this is the=20
case&nbsp;but does anyone for sure know why this is? Even if from purely =
a=20
marketing prospect, let alone all the other benefits, it would be =
preferable to=20
have things more tightly packaged. It seems very amateur from a band =
which we=20
all know to be a hell of a lot more professional than that. There must =
be some=20
reasonable underlying reason. I suspect a lack of confidence by =
promoters,=20
particularly overseas. Or, a</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>t the =
risk of=20
flogging a dead horse, maybe they're working around&nbsp;possible=20
golf&nbsp;rounds!!??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone know for =
sure??</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT=20
  face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT size=3D2>I got an e-mail today from =
metrotix telling=20
  me that the show was cancelled. I am so disappointed!! I will still go =
to=20
  Chicago since I am halfway between those two cities, but what a =
letdown. I=20
  know information tends to be spotty because of using a couple of =
different=20
  ticketing systems, but it is so strange that we have to go to three or =
four=20
  different places to get the whole tour information. Or is this normal? =
Just=20
  curious. <BR><BR>Thanks and have a good day! <BR><BR>Peace,=20
  <BR>Jennifer</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1DBF0.364E0000--