Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Chicago dates

Stephen Scott stephenandeva@hotmail.com
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:06:52 +0000

Hi all.
Looking for some help from our Chicago friends. As the Oils are not coming
to the UK until next year, I will have to travel to the states to see them.
I see they are playing 20/21 Oct in Chicago. Is anyone meeting up
before/after either gig. I probably will only be able to make it for one
night, and it would be good to meet up with some other powderworkers. If
anyone is planning to meet up, and wouldn't mind a Northern Irish pleb
tagging along, let me know.
And before you ask, I am not rich. I wouldn't be able to afford flying to
Chicago from London for one night if I didn't work for American Airlines. I
will have to fly standby, but the flights should be empty as no one seems to
want to fly for some unknown reason.
I knew Capt Ogonowski, the American Airlines pilot who was on the first
aircraft to hit the WTC. He used to fly from Boston into London a few years
ago. It's amazing how many people, no matter how far, have been affected by
this.
Just a word of warning for anyone planning to fly somewhere soon. DO NOT
have pen knives, scissors (no matter how small), even corkscrews (with the
little knives in them, to cut the seal), in your hand luggage. They will be
taken off you and destroyed, and in some cases you will be taken away by the
authorities and questioned at length. And also turn up for your flights as
early as you can, as security measures are, as you can expect, at their
highest levels.
Take care ya'll

Stephen
"This is a mad house.....you'll be lucky to make it till Tuesday"