Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: (powd) Bin there, done that?

Barry Callahan Barry Callahan <barryc@rjlsystems.com>
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:38:51 -0400 (EDT)

>But weren't we quick to blame him [Bin Laden] for Oklahoma City as well? No
>doubt the man has been behind, or at the very least has smugly taken credit
>for people acting on his beliefs and on his behalf...

The reason we were quick to assume that he was responsible in both cases is that
he's been saying he was going to strike a new, huge blow against the United
States for some time.  And the fact that there's already a US$5 Million price on
his head (according to one news broadcast I saw lastnight) from things he's
ALREADY claimed responsibility for.

But we didn't go off half-cocked at the Oklahoma City incident, and we won't do
so now.  He's our primary suspect in this matter, but until investigators have
enough evidence to suggest who IS responsible, be it him or somebody else
entirely, or somebody publically claims credit, I don't expect us go go on the
warpath.