Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] D.C. Show

Kevin Jones Kevin Jones" <geokevo@hotmail.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:17:05 -0400

> Who is planning on attending the D.C. show?  I just ordered my
> tickets today so I know they are still available.  I don't know much
> about the 9:30 Club but I've heard it is a decent venue.  I'd be
> interested in talking to anyone who knows the area.

It is a decent venue actually--it moved a few years back from a tiny (but
fabulous) hole-in-the-wall club at 930 F Street (hence the name) to its new
location up around V Street.  The neighborhood looks quite sketchy--but I've
been to many shows there and have never had a problem finding close and
well-lighted on-street parking in front of the Howard University Hospital, a
couple blocks east of the venue.  I've heard the club has a fenced-in
parking lot as well, but I've always been too cheap to take advantage of
that. :)  The new club is quite nice inside--actually has good food (and
some vegetarian fare) and reasonably good acoustics.

Bummed I'm going to miss the 9:30 show, it's my "hometown" show (grew up in
Arlington), but I'll be in Boston for a conference...  Ah well, get to see
'em in Boston anyway!

Cheers,
Kev Jones / WNRN