Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Montreal show news

Brigitte Mounier bmounier@fabimages.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:01:49 -0400

Hullo workers,

Here's a local update on the Montreal front. I've been leaving no stone
unturned to try and obtain back stage passes. Here is the surprising news I
found out, from a employee of Spectra (company in charge of the venues
Spectrum, Metropolis and others.)
The reason the venue was moved to the Spectrum is low ticket sales!! The
Spectrum is smaller than the Metropolis. Ticket sales were so low, all
hoopla and promotional stuff were cancelled, hence definitely no back stage
passes available.
I have mixed feelings about that. I was never one to want the Oils to
become superstars. The Oils are like my well kept secret, loved by the
initiated only. Personally I'd be quite happy with 50 people in the
audience.
However it must give them a bad feeling to know that in Montreal, tickets
are not selling: people don't care to see them...They might be less
motivated to play than for a room overloaded with screamin fans and they
might not make plans to return...I'd hate for them to be
disappointed...especially when for me it's THE treat of year. I want to
make a sign that says: "Audience: it's not the quantity, it's the quality!"

Well anyway...that's the news on the Mtl front. We'll see how it goes.

Brigitte