Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Wa Wa Nee and Leg-Pulling

ALEXEI alexeis@usa.net
25 Oct 2001 10:44:49 EET DST

Oh God! (laugh out loud) guys, guys spare me the Wa Wa Nee criticism!  I was
once asked by a couple of people here if I had any knowledge... I failed to
shed light.  I'm only looking to be familiar.

MWP wasn't pulling my leg--I asked him once about availability, not about what
he thinks, he simply said he sees Wa Wa Nee's records in second-hand stores
now and then.  Period.

Anyway, I never take opinions for granted and never make anyone's rationale my
own unless I fully agree.  I think I have enough in my genes (being
Tchaikovsky's g-g-g nephew, composing my own music, and a father to an
excellent young drummer) to be able to tell good from mediocre.

Alexei

lou <loulou@zip.com.au> wrote:
HA

keep sledging, although I'd be putting Madison Ave waaaaayyyy above both Wa
and the Chantoozies. I'm not a fan, but it is well crafted and very good
for it's genre...no, really!

Wa Wa Nee were crappy rock. god knows I reckon Marty was pulling Alexei's
leg, although he does have very diverse musical tastes.