Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Kosova info for the active...NMOC

bruce@oils-forever.com bruce@oils-forever.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:21:11 +0100 (BST)

--5765228.1003782071167.JavaMail.root@www-a25

Greetings fellow workers of the world,

     For any who want information on the situation in Kosova and the Balkans in general, here are two very good links:

www.freealbinkurti.com

...dedicated to a Kosovar student imprisoned for 15 years; plenty of links to places of interest if activism is your thing...

www.kforonline.com

...NATO's kosovo force official site, with many interesting links. A decent look into the regions' goings on from a military and UN point of view...

     I had the pleasure of living with an Albanian Muslim family in Kosova for a month, and they were among the kindest, gentlest and peaceful people I've ever known. Everyone there has a rich and often tragic tale to tell. The situation there is confusing at best, and the sites above may help provide some perspective. Another good source is a book by Noel Malcolm called A SHORT HISTORY OF KOSOVO. I'm finishing it up, and it's highly readable (this from a somewhat stunted reader - curse the 70's!)

     Sorry to be so long posting this info - a couple of workers had asked for an update, but I've been mostly off line for the past two months. And sorry to be posting this in the midst of such heavy cyber traffic, but hopefully some of you fellow workers will be interested in the events in that part of the world,

Cheers and best wishes,

/bruce

Get a fun email address at http://another.com
COOL: Personalise a t-shirt with your name/email/slogan
from 9.99 pounds. CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com
--5765228.1003782071167.JavaMail.root@www-a25--