Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] My ideal setlist

scott.lambeth@hic.gov.au scott.lambeth@hic.gov.au
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:18:59 +1000

Hey Workers.

I'm from the old school:

Only The Strong
No Reaction
Don't Wanna Be The One
Run By Night
Armistice Day
Short Memory
No Time For Games
Section 5
Lucky Country
US Forces
Back On The Borderline
Best Of Both Worlds

<--Encore-->
Power & The Passion
Powderworks
Stand In Line

The set's played in a small sweaty intimate venue and played very very
loud...

-S

~Everythings Set, everythings fine, you've just gotta stand in line~

---------------------- Forwarded by Scott Lambeth/CO/HIC on 18/10/2001
10:10 ---------------------------

"Galina Yune" <lina_yune@msn.com>@cs.colorado.edu on 18/10/2001 09:53:59

Sent by:  powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu

To:   thewave@oils-forever.com, powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
cc:

Subject:  Re: [Powderworks] My ideal setlist

Good choices there!  May I add "Tin Legs and Tin Mines" and "Warakurna" to
the list?

Lina

>From: thewave@oils-forever.com
>To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
>Subject: Re: [Powderworks] My ideal setlist
>Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:21:44 +0100 (BST)
>
>No you're not, I'm right with you on both songs - I say play them at least
once in Chicago or Milwaukee too! They are both two of my favorites of
vintage Oils. So is "Lucky Country" - hope that makes it in one of those
gigs as well.

>Jonathan

(180 lbs.) in the third round of a wrestler vs. boxer match in Portland,
Oregon.

>October 17, 1975 - Ron Dupree dies of a heart attack while doing public
address announcing for Superstar Championship Wrestling in the ring at the
Tacoma Armory in Tacoma, Washington.

>October 17, 1988 - Forbes magazine reports that the estimated worth of the
World Wrestling Federation is $100 million.

>October 17, 1999 - Chyna (Joanie Laurer) becomes the first female WWF
Intercontinental Champion by defeating Jeff Jarrett in a "good
housekeeping" match at the WWF's "No Mercy" pay-per-view show in Cleveland,
Ohio. Various kitchen utensils and appliances are used as weapons in the
match. Also at "No Mercy", septuagenarian The Fabulous Moolah (Lillian
Ellison) - somewhere between 69 and 72 years old according to conflicting
reports - becomes the oldest person to hold the WWF Women's title by
pinning Ivory (Lisa Moretti). The presence of Mae Young, Moolah's friend,
distracts Ivory enough to make her lose the title. The show draws a live
crowd of 18,752 to Cleveland's Gund Arena.