Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the Ever Elusive Martin

andrew pye apye@austarnet.com.au
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:33:35 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C173F9.8AE1F680

>After reading all these reports, (And making me sick in the
>process) I've noticed that no one ever seems to talk to Martin.
>He always manages to slip away. Has anyone every spoken to
>him....... What about some info on him?

Well, it seems I am one of the few lucky ones who has spoken to the =
elusive
Mr Rotsey! I'm quiet surprised to hear it actually!

I have spoken to him about 3 times after shows and have always found him =
be an exceptionally nice guy. After some shows on the Gold Coast, he was
pretty much the first guy out into the "meet and greet" area and had no
hesitation in walking up to a group of us and saying g'day. And if my =
memory
serves me correctly (which it may very well not!!!) he has been the last =
leave the after show get togethers.

He is a Foo Fighters fan as he was saying that he ventured down to the =
front row at the Big Day Out to see them (and didn't like being down =
there!!).

He is very quietly spoken, but at the same time, very articulate and
intelligent and even though I don't assume to speak for him, I'm sure he
wouldn't mind us talking about him! Sure he is a humble guy, but hey, he
does play in Midnight Oil and has been on stage in front of some pretty =
big
crowds over the years! Not the thing to do for a complete shrinking =
violet!
But from my experience with speaking to him, I couldn't say a bad word =
about
him! Came across as just a genuinely nice guy!

Cheers!
Andrew.

---

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C173F9.8AE1F680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;After reading all these reports, (And making me sick in=20
the<BR>&gt;process) I've noticed that no one ever seems to talk to=20
Martin.<BR>&gt;He always manages to slip away. Has anyone every spoken=20
to<BR>&gt;him....... What about some info on him?<BR><BR><BR><BR>Well, =
it seems=20
I am one of the few lucky ones who has spoken to the elusive<BR>Mr =
Rotsey! I'm=20
quiet surprised to hear it actually!<BR><BR>I have spoken to him about 3 =
times=20
after shows and have always found him to<BR>be an exceptionally nice =
guy. After=20
some shows on the Gold Coast, he was<BR>pretty much the first guy out =
into the=20
"meet and greet" area and had no<BR>hesitation in walking up to a group =
of us=20
and saying g'day. And if my memory<BR>serves me correctly (which it may =
very=20
well not!!!) he has been the last to<BR>leave the after show get=20
togethers.</DIV>
<DIV>He is a Foo Fighters fan as he was saying that he ventured down to =
the=20
front row at the Big Day Out to see them (and didn't like being down=20
there!!).<BR><BR>He is very quietly spoken, but at the same time, very=20
articulate and<BR>intelligent and even though I don't assume to speak =
for him,=20
I'm sure he<BR>wouldn't mind us talking about him! Sure he is a humble =
guy, but=20
hey, he<BR>does play in Midnight Oil and has been on stage in front of =
some=20
pretty big<BR>crowds over the years! Not the thing to do for a complete=20
shrinking violet!<BR>But from my experience with speaking to him, I =
couldn't say=20
a bad word about<BR>him! Came across as just a genuinely nice=20
guy!<BR><BR><BR>Cheers!<BR>Andrew.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<BR>Checked by AVG =

anti-virus system (<A=20
href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: =
6.0.293 /=20
Virus Database: 158 - Release Date: 29/10/01</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C173F9.8AE1F680--