Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tribute Album - Good or bad idea ?

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:32:21 -0600

After hearing the Oils tribute album a few times now, I was interested in
hearing what the fellow workers' thoughts are on it.

IMHO, i've got mixed feelings.

Hearing SFK's Dreamworld, Frenzal's TDH, Bodyjar's Borderline and Waylayd's
Hercules (which is almost an exact replica instrumentally speaking) was
great. Their versions were true to the originals and were tastefully
covered.

On the other hand, I found that the Gurge's Stand in line, McCormack's P&TP
and Augie March's Beds, gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. I know they
each have their own style, but think they showed a degree of self indulgence
& disrespect in their "tributes" to the Oils' tracks they covered.

Cheers,
Vince