Midnight Oil

Seattle meeting (was:Re: [Powderworks] I can't stand it)

C-ko Linde spinifex@speakeasy.org
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:40:41 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, btpmsi wrote:

> .......the anticipation.........
>
> My friend Tom and I (an Oily newbie) will be at the Pike Pub around 3 or
> 4PM.

Any other Powderworkers coming oout to this?! R Brian? Erika?

I will join you there then!
Just to give you an idea of what I look like, as you will need to find me.
I'm a hair under 5 feet, thin, with bleached blond hair and black geek
glasses. I'll be wearing black pants, black boots, a black shirt with a
white ghost on the front, and (surprise!) a black leather jacket with "YOU
ARE A TARGET MARKET" painted on the front. Grey ski cap as well. I'll also
be using a white cane, the type that the blind use.

Now, here's the hard bit - I'm visually impaired. Over the last two years, I
developed an autoimmune disease that affects my eye muscles, and has left me
nearly legally blind. So, while I can see somewhat, I feel that it's much
easier and safer for me to use a white cane to get around instead of trying
to cheat death every time I cross the street. I will probably be wandering
aimlessly trying to find you people; if you see me wandering around the pub,
feel free to yell at me or come up and ask if I'm here for the Powderworks
get together.

Brian, and R Brian, I have your cell numbers in case I get lost or
something. Also, if you all are at the resturant, feel free to call me if i
haven't shown up yet.

C-ko, I'll see you all around 3!

--
"It's hard to enjoy a $40 bottle of wine while watching a deeply troubled
woman screaming "BITH! HOAR!" at a one-legged pigeon for 20 minutes."