Midnight Oil

: Re: [Powderworks] Re: Fuzzface EP

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 00:17:07 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0259841005290212_ID

fuzz face is: Jim Moginie
 Nick Launay
 Greg Wales
 The Family Dog

Jim Moginie played guitar,bass,drums*,Mellotron,harmonium
and omnichord, and sang.
Nick Launay cranked the console, made noises, recorded,
mixed and insisted on lots of guitar on the record.
Greg Wales played drums on 'The Great and Unknown'.
The Family Dog did tabla,tambourine, footsteps and acoustic
guitar on 'For Tomorrow'.
Brent Clark did some recording too.

All songs written by Jim Moginie

Recorded by Nick Launay, Jim Moginie and Brent Clark
Mixed by Nick Launay
Made at the Woodheap
Mastered by Steve Smart at 301

Art Direction and Photograpy: Kevin Wilkins

A word from Jim
Fuzzface was recorded in a 12 by 12 room (feet).
The initial idea was to record 50% of it backwards.
The Great and Unknown...alternate title was Patterson's Curse
Rag which I rejected but now prefer.
Nick was right when he thought 'The Great and Unknown'
sounded like an Icehouse song title (no disrespect intended).
Greg Wales was a member of the Verys and recorded and co
mixed Even's last record (with Nick).
No gigs are planned.
Fuzzface sounds greater if played loud.
Fuzzface may record/ride again if the time is right.
fuzz face: MATT CD033, Murmur, Sony Music Entertainment

All this and more can be found at
http://www.theoils.com/fuzzface

I suppose the closest thing to this by the oils would be Smash
the Wobbleboard, if only because Jim sings it. Its well worth
the search. It is slightly different than the Oils, but then I
suppose if Peter sang the tracks, I would be saying otherwise.
Its basically Guitar driven rock....just what you would expect
from Jim
See ya.
Stephen

style of music?
> Also where will it be available?
>
> Cheers!
>
> IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
> CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
> Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
> PH: (02) 9805 2384
> FAX: 1800 352227
> E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au
>

> "Justin
H"
> Sent by:
cc:
> powderworks-admin@cs.co Subject:
[Powderworks] Re: Fuzzface EP

lorado.edu

> 08/11/2001
22:25

> I beleive Ive covered this but for those who missed it
> Jim will have all ownership of Fuzzface as of Nov, I think.
> It will be a re-release of the original and, hopefully, the f 'ing
clip will
> come out! (hey Krusty)
> Justin
>

> Hi there,
> Does anyone know about Jims plan to re-release his Fuzzface
> EP? Will it include any extra tracks, or just a straight re-
> release. Cheers
> Regards
> Stephen

__