Midnight Oil

: Re: [Powderworks] Current Players NMOC

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 05:07:26 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0306171005307641_ID

Hey Lou.
Have you had a chance to check out Marty Willson-Pipers Last
solo album, Hanging Out in Heaven? Also his album with 2
guys from All About Eve, called Seeing Stars....both are great.
The Church drummer Tim Powles album, Tygs in Space is
pretty good too. Oh, and the last Church album, Box of Birds
was great. Its all covers and I had only heard about 3 songs
before, so it was like a new Church album for me. They
managed to stamp the Church sound on all the songs. Their
version of Neil Youngs Cortez the Killer is one of their best
songs. What about Jack Frost....Steve Kilbey and Grant
Maclennan from the Go-betweens. They made 2 great
albums....And as for Depeche Mode, I saw them a few weeks
ago in London. They were great. Don't delay, Buy Exciter...Its
excellent.
Ok, I am getting a bit carried away...I am in danger of turning
this into a general music site. Although it is nice to hear
everyone elses tastes. There are a few people on the list that
share my tastes, and may put me onto some cool new bands.
See ya
Stephen

soon)
> Hoodoo Gurus - Armchair/Electric Gurus
> Matt Finish - Short Note
> Tall Tales and True - Revenge!
> Warp Factor 9 - Five Days in a Photon Belt
> Melanie Oxley/Chris Abrahams - Jerusalem Bay
> Soundtracks from Monkey Grip, Trainspotting, The Crow
> New Order - Get Ready
> Velvet Underground - Best of
> Elvis Costello - King of America
>
> and sundry jazz cds
>
> Stephen beat me to The Church...dammit...you know,
between all the new
> Church and Kilbey releases at the moment I'm struggling to
keep up...

> and Patrick mentioned Devo...Devo are too cool. have you
heard Lene
> Lovich's cover of Be Stiff? it's as good if not better (but then
I love Lene)