Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Current Players

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:36:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Nov 9, Travis Zanoni wrote:

> Anyway...I'll start the ball rolling.  So here's my current rotation
> list...in no particular order.
>
> Weezer - "Weezer" (The Green Album)
> Something For Kate - "Echolalia"
> New Order - "Get Ready"
> Gorillaz - ?
> Hoodoo Gurus - Electric Soup
> Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
> Bob Dylan - Time Out Of Mind
> Radiohead - The Bends

I don't have a rotation, or a multi CD player system[1], but the following
albums/singles have been hitting my various CD players with alarming
regularity...
Therapy? - Shameless[2]
Radiohead - Kid A
REM - Monster
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pearl Jam - Katowice, Poland, 15/6/2000
Mansun - various EP tracks
Mansun - Little Kix
Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails[3]
The Cooper Temple Clause - Let's Kill Music
Orbital - In Sides
Neil Finn - One Nil
New Order - Get Ready
New Order - Technique

[1] don't hold with them - the more moving parts the more likely it is to
fail IMO :-)
[2] In preparation for an upcoming gig
[3] Same as [2]

With regard to the 2nd favourite band thing, I'd have to say that Mansun
are still currently in 2nd place.

With regard to recommendations, I don't know where to start. So I won't
here - instead I point you to http://www.mkelly.uklinux.net/collection/ -
it has a list of the stuff I own. Although it is months out of date - I've
probably bought about 30 CDs since then. Oh, and I never got round to
putting all my Oils stuff into it. I'll be updating it this weekend with
all the latest acquisitions.

Cheers

--
Maurice R. Kelly