Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] powderfinger

Gabe Luci gluci@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:02:19 -0500

Aloha all,

I was looking for some info on  the neil young song and encountered a web
page  from the popular australian band.  They've been referrenced a lot on
the list.  So I thought to post a link to the interview.  They cite Midnight
Oil and Crowded House as their two inspirations for breaking through into
the states.

http://www.excellentonline.com/article.php3?story_id=502

Have you guys gleaned any advice from Australian bands that have been
successful in America about making it in the States?

Ian: Not advice - inspiration, I guess. Crowded House is a prime example.

JC: And Midnight Oil.

Ian: Yeah, those are the two, because we're kind of a blend between them in
a way. (Laughs) I mean, not what we sound like, but in our mentality, I
think.

JC: Where we sit.

Ian: Yeah, 'cause Crowded House is a melodic band and Midnight Oil is a
political rock band.

JC: We're neither or. (Grins)