Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Cameras at Shows? / New email addy!

Jonathan Hart midnightoil@shaw.ca
Sat, 03 Nov 2001 08:41:58 -0700

Check out my new email addy!!!!  Yeah!  midnightoil@shaw.ca!

Anyway, I, and several others had cameras at the Toronto and Montreal shows.
Toronto security was pretty tight, they patted us down, but I snuck it in.
I took almost 20 pictures, never using the flash, as I figured that would
irritate the band!  However, the lights came on pretty strong throughout the
show, so that made it easy to get good pics without the flash.

Montreal - security was much more lax, but I was front row, and the security
guy saw me as I was about to take my first pic.  He came over and told me to
put it away or else he would pinch it.  I wasn't about to lose a $1000
camera, so I put it away...until the encores! :)  One woman in the front row
was trying to take a picture of Martin, and in the meantime Pete lumbered
over to Martin, saw her framing the pic, and actually grinned and posed with
Martin!  I also took one where it looks suspicously like Martin is looking
right at my camera and smiling! :)

So, I would say bring your cameras, hide them well at the door, don't use a
flash, and don't let security see them.