Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] dispassionate words of the cool -- NYC

Gabe Luci gluci@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 01:45:50 -0500

During too much  sunshine, I got the feeling that the guys weren't having
that problem at all.  Peter was practically glowing in the dark when the
boys came out.

I met some people that were really nice:  Kevin and Ben, some other fans not
on the list.  On the other hand, I met some not cool people as well.  In
fact, these people were so incredibly not cool that it's a shame the band
has to deal with them.  You know who you are, threatening me and my buds,
"Were you threatening violence at a midnight oil show?"  Asshole.

Why is Pete so on the media line on this tour.  Anyone else disappointed?
He said one statement to the effect that we need to all back up our
governments decisions or something.  It sounded like some homogenous, inbred
fascist bile.  Then I looked around and noticed less non-white people than I
could count on my fingers.

Yeh, this is all mean stuff to say.  Maybe I'm just mad about getting hit by
two waves of Pete's sweat.  But really, he's a gentle giant.  When I handed
him the  tie on stage, either he was being nice and squeezed my arm or he
was drunk and missed the tie.

Two of my friends got drumsticks.  One got a pick.  The pick was
unimpressive, it says, "USA Nylon" on it.  Yawn.  There was some more stuff.
Maybe I'll get to it in the morning.

Night,

GL

PS  This show was awesome!