|Subject: Re: [powderworks] New ballot for Selina's ticket - UPDATE - CLOSED - CLOSED AND CLOSED|
|From: RM |
|Date: 9/04/2017, 1:59 pm|
|To: The Balkin |
|CC: Powderworks Owner <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
I sent an email yesterday and didn't receive confirmation. Unfortunately events at the moment don't allow me to constantly access emails. Very disappointing.
Sent from my iPhone
On 9 Apr 2017, at 12:42 PM, RM email@example.com [powderworks] <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
This is to confirm that the raffle entry is officially closed.
If you entered AND RECEIVED A MAIL SAYING "THIS MAIL CONFIRMS YOU ARE ON THE RAFFLE LIST", then you are in the draw.
If you DIDN'T receive a reply mail saying something like the above, you ARE NOT on the draw list. (You can panic and contact me now, but including you now is very hard and strange and perhaps will cause disputes and confusion.)
We are extremely sorry if this is so, but we did put up as loud a signal as we could after we had some people contact us who hadn't got confirmation replies and no, their mail had never even shown up in the powerworks-owner mail gateway log, let alone our mailboxes. We don't know why. Very disturbing that yahoo's ***-owner mail system is not working.
Raffle Drawing will happen shortly. I just want to audit the mailbag and make certain all the people I've seen mail from and replied a "confirmation" to are in the list.
In the interest of those who win and need to make travel arrangements, I want to conclude fast, rather than drag it out triple-checking for any more lost entries. Is that ok with everyone?
On 7/04/2017 11:20 pm, Rob email@example.com [powderworks] wrote:
Hi all - IMPORTANT UPDATE IF YOU ARE ENTERING THE RAFFLE
We are instigating a check to confirm that your entry has been received. (one went astray already)
If you have mailed us entering the raffle :) then you will receive a confirmation of your entry when we compile your name into the entrants list.
IF YOU ENTER/ENTERED AND DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION, MAIL US UNTIL WE REPLY, AS YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE DRAW OTHERWISE.
On 7/04/2017 11:50 am, Miron Mizrahi firstname.lastname@example.org [powderworks] wrote:
PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL CAREFULLY IN ITS ENTIRETY !!!
We have some good news. The Office has allocated this mail list some tickets to purchase for the Selina’s gig, in light of the allocation questions raised about tickets for Powderworks. As was the case with the FB allocation, the Office has also asked us to convey tickets to specified people. We don’t know why they are going through us rather than directly (which seems less complicated) but we are undertaking that distribution for them in parallel in good faith. Thus there are 9 (nine) tickets we can distribute. List administrators are not getting any special treatment and those of us who wish to luck out will need to go into the draw like everybody else.
We are going to run a ballot to randomly pick the lucky winners.
This is how it is going to work:
1. The ballot is open to all list members. But as the concert is in Sydney on Thu April 13th (in 6 days’ time), please consider carefully whether it is realistic for you to attend before you put your name forward as no transfers will be possible once you buy a ticket. So if you are not sure you can go, consider opting out and increasing the chances of those Powderworkers who can commit 100%
2. The ballot is for this list ONLY. This is the request from the office so please do not share outside this list. Please do not take it as a sign of a new world order with this list pitted against the FB group. This is not how the office, list admins, or I see it. But the reality is that this is how it panned out this time.
3. The open lottery rules apply here. No physical tickets will be issued, IDs/CCs will be checked at the door, and you must attend in person if you bought a ticket. This is so they can't be scalped or handed on
4. Anyone joining this list after this announcement mail is sent is not eligible. Non-members are not eligible. This is to prevent a flood of simple fortune-hunters. Rejoining evidenced ex-members may be considered, pending list-owner examination.
5. People who have obtained tickets via the previous public lottery or via the Facebook allocation are not eligible. The Office clearly stipulated that they would check our list for duplicates. Do not enter if you already have a ticket as we won't be responsible if you have them both cancelled by The Office.
6. Please email email@example.com with you full name as per your ID. NOTE: please email from the account registered to this Yahoo mail list, as we will be cross checking them to ensure only list members win. We will only consider emails arrived by Sunday, 9-Apr at 12pm Sydney time. Emails arriving after this time, will not be eligible.
7. Once submissions are closed, we will run a random number selection 9 times to pick names from the list. ONLY winners will be notified. If you have not heard by Mon morning at 10am, you were unlucky. We will not publish the list of winners but they are free to announce their good fortune.
We realize that this procedure may not please everyone and that it – like anything else – can be improved. But we have a timeline (set by the office) to march to and we had to make a call … so this is it.
We would like to thank the Oils and the office for making this happen.
Good luck everyone!
The list admins.
How could people get so unkind?