This is awesome � thanks to everyone involved (Miron, The Office, the band) for making this happen. Good luck everyone!
Prof Stuart Tangye | Head, Immunology Division
Head, Immunology & Immunodeficiency Lab
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
NHMRC Principal Research Fellow
Professor, St Vincent's Clinical School, Faculty of Medicine, UNSW Australia
T: + 61 (0)2 9295 8455 I M: + 61 (0) 413 390 306 I F: +61 (0)2 9295 8404 I E: email@example.com
PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL CAREFULLY IN ITS ENTIRETY !!!
We have some good news. The Office has allocated this mail list some tickets to purchase for the Selina�s gig, in light of the allocation questions raised about tickets for Powderworks. As was the case with the FB allocation, the Office has also asked us to
convey tickets to specified people. We don�t know why they are going through us rather than directly (which seems less complicated) but we are undertaking that distribution for them in parallel in good faith. Thus there are 9 (nine) tickets we can distribute.
List administrators are not getting any special treatment and those of us who wish to luck out will need to go into the draw like everybody else.
We are going to run a ballot to randomly pick the lucky winners.
This is how it is going to work:
1. The ballot is open to all list members. But as the concert is in Sydney on Thu April 13th (in 6 days� time), please consider carefully whether it is realistic for you to attend before you put your name forward as no transfers will be possible once you buy
a ticket. So if you are not sure you can go, consider opting out and increasing the chances of those Powderworkers who can commit 100%
2. The ballot is for this list ONLY. This is the request from the office so please do not share outside this list. Please do not take it as a sign of a new world order with this list pitted against the FB group. This is not how the office, list admins, or I
see it. But the reality is that this is how it panned out this time.
3. The open lottery rules apply here. No physical tickets will be issued, IDs/CCs will be checked at the door, and you must attend in person if you bought a ticket. This is so they can't be scalped or handed on
4. Anyone joining this list after this announcement mail is sent is not eligible. Non-members are not eligible. This is to prevent a flood of simple fortune-hunters. Rejoining evidenced ex-members may be considered, pending list-owner examination.
5. People who have obtained tickets via the previous public lottery or via the Facebook allocation are not eligible. The Office clearly stipulated that they would check our list for duplicates. Do not enter if you already have a ticket as we won't be responsible
if you have them both cancelled by The Office.
6. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with you full name as per your ID. NOTE: please email from the account registered to this Yahoo mail list, as we will be cross checking them to ensure
only list members win. We will only consider emails arrived by Sunday, 9-Apr at 12pm Sydney time. Emails arriving after this time, will not be eligible.
7. Once submissions are closed, we will run a random number selection 9 times to pick names from the list. ONLY winners will be notified. If you have not heard by Mon morning at 10am, you were unlucky. We will not publish the list of winners but they are free
to announce their good fortune.
We realize that this procedure may not please everyone and that it � like anything else � can be improved. But we have a timeline (set by the office) to march to and we had to make a call � so this is it.
We would like to thank the Oils and the office for making this happen.
Good luck everyone!
The list admins.
How could people get so unkind?
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution
of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.