In a nutshell the process is this
1. you need an account on Dime (obviously)
2. you need to read their rules to ensure you comply. they will take down stuff that does not. e.g. you will need to create an info file for each torrent
3. you put all files, including any text files, checksums, artwork, etc, that you want to make available in a folder. note that once the torrent is active you will not be able to change anything in this folder
4. you need to create a .torrent file. some torrent downloaders (e.g. utorrent) have this feature. if not, you can google and fine utilities that do it. I used to use MakeTorrent but I don't do this any more. do not save it in the torrent folder
5. you upload your .torrent to dime
6. you then download your own torrent as per usual but with one difference: you must point the download to the folder you created. your client will check, discover you have everything and start seeding immediately
How could people get so unkind?
From: "'Simon Kierse' email@example.com [powderworks]" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: email@example.com; 'Martin Collier' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 5:01 AM
Subject: RE: [powderworks] Help request: looking for lost shows
Am off to work now, will drop you a line tonight. Dime is a bit complicated but I did manage to work it out and upload some stuff recently. If you have d/l stuff then your torrent program is OK.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, 12 November 2015 11:14 PM
To: email@example.com; Jeff and Jane Scott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Gary Badger <email@example.com>; jeremy peisley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: [powderworks] Help request: looking for lost shows
This is great can somebody help me and explain how I can upload the concerts I have on Dime, as I would love to share even if you probably have what I have. I have reached my limit due to only downloading oils and gurus concerts. I use Vuze for downloading if that helps. I have a few oils concerts I notice are not on dime I'm willing to upload.